Complete Home Ultra Filtration System On A Stand Unit
The Complete Home Ultra Filtration Solution is a sure way of providing your entire house with high quality water for drinking and household purposes. It makes use of very fine filtration technology that effectively removes impurities from the water. This filtration process remove 99.9% of all bacteria, viruses, paint pigments, chemicals, pollen, sand and other impurities.
With this Option the Big Blues and UF Membrane are pre-built on to a single stand unit, making it easy to move and easy to install with just a single inlet and outlet. The stand bracket also gives the option of either having the system stand on the ground or have it mounted onto a wall.
The UF system also comes with an automatic flush valve and timer, which you can set to flush the Membrane/s on a regular basis with, instead of having to do it manually.
Please note the construction time on a system is 2 to 3 working days.
All the water supplied to your house is filtered
99.9% of all bacteria and viruses in the water are removed
System uses a physical barrier to remove bacteria, rather than a chemical one
Removes chemicals such as chlorine
Can be used to make even the dirtiest water drinkable
Filtrated water tastes and smells great
Preserve the natural minerals in the water
Low running cost
No electricity required
Keep in mind
- The Ultra Filtration Membrane does not remove any minerals from the source water, and so it will not change the "base" taste of the source water. So if your water has a brackish/salty taste, it will still have this taste after the UF system.
- The particles that make up pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit.
- The fine membrane of the Ultra filtration unit removes a large amount particles from the water. As a result, it needs to be flushed once a week to prevent it from becoming clogged with dirt and bacteria.
Should the bacteria not be flushed out regularly, it may start to grow on the membrane and ‘biofouling’ may occur.
We strongly recommend that an automatic timer be installed, to ensure that the Ultra Filtration Membrane is flushed regularly to prevent a blockage.
The 5-Micron Sediment Filter and the Activated Carbon block Filter that are used for these units need to be replaced every 6 months.
The particles that make up pesticides are too small to be removed by the filters in this filtration unit.
These impurities must be flushed out at least once a week to prevent a blockage from forming.
Installation of the 1000 LPH Ultra Filtration System on a Stand
- The UF's Product water can be drawn from either side of the 4040 Stainless Steel Housing, the other side of the Housing would be sealed with stopper / cap. The Cap will be supplied with the system, then you just select which side to seal based on your situation.
- The Dimensions of each Big Blue Housing (excluding the mounting bracket) are 60cm x 19cm x 19cm.
- The Dimensions of the 4040 Stainless Steel Membrane Housing are cm x cm x cm.
- There are several different pre-filters that can be selected and used with the Ultra Filtration (UF) system.
- Depending on the Pre-filter set selected the system will either come with two Big Blue Housings (2xBB) or three Big Blue Housings (3xBB).
Ultra Filtration System with Double Stage Pre-filters (2xBB)
Option 1: 1 Micron Sediment FIlter & Activated Carbon Filter
Option 2: 1 Micron Sediment Filter & Premium KDF Cartridge
Option 3: 1 Micron Sediment Filter & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 4: 5 Micron Sediment Filter & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Ultra Filtration System with Triple Stage Pre-filters (3xBB)
Option 1: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, Activated Carbon Block, & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Option 2: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, KDF Cartridge, & 1 Micron Sediment Filter
Option 3: 1 Micron Sediment Filter, Activated Carbon Block, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 4: 1 Micron Sediment Filter, Premium KDF Cartridge, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Option 5: 1 Miron Sediment Filter, and 2 x Activated Carbon Blocks
Option 6: 1 Micron Sediment FIlter, and 2 x Premium KDF Cartridge
Option 7: 5 Micron Sediment Filter, 1 Micron Sediment Filter, & 0.2 Micron Pleated Filter
Additional Option for Ultra Filtration System
Automatic Solenoid Timer For Flushing the Membrane
The Automatic Solenoid Timer would be installed on the drain pipe of the Ultra Filtration Membrane.
The Automatic Solenoid Timer allows you to set the UF membrane to flush itself Automatically,
The Solenoid timer is battery operated, so the only maintenance is checking that the battery has not run flat.
Arkal Disc Filter
The Disc filter would be installed before the complete home big blue system.
The disc filter will remove any large sediment, dirt, rust, sand and other large visible particles in the water.
The disc filter will also help to extend the life span of your finer particle filters, by leaving only the smaller particles and colours for the Sediment Filters to remove.
The disc filter’s cartridge is reusable, and once it becomes filled you simply open the housing, remove the cartridge, wash it under a tap and then replace it in the housing.
The Disc Filter is avalaible in the following options:
- 1 Inch Disc FIlter (55 Micron)
- 1 Inch Super Disc Filter (55 Micron)
- 2 Inch Disc Filter (20 Micron)
* The main difference between the three options is the surface areas, with the 1 Inch Disc Filter having the smallest and the 2 Inch Disc Filter having the largest. This simply means that the 2 Inch Disc Filter would need to cleaned less often than the 1 Inch units.
The 2 Inch Disc Filter also filters to a finer level, than the 1 inch Units.
The Water Softener is used to remove hardness (kalk/lime/calcium) from the source water, by exchanging it for sodium ions.
The Water Softener is recommed for situations with high levels of scaling / hardness.
The Softener would be installed after the UF system.
Please find more information on the water softeners as the following link, http://filtershop.co.za/water-softeners
There are Four Sizes of Softeners Avaliable:
- 25 Litre Softener
- 50 Litre Softener
- 75 Litre Softener
- 100 Litre Softener
*Keep in mind that the Larger the Softener the more effective it will be at removing lime / kalk, and the longer the duratition before the unit will need to run it's regeneration cycle.